1. Collect a signed PGS Producer Promise from each member.
2. Conduct internal monitoring visits and complete an individual Evaluation Form for each participating farm. Make sure each farm has farm records: (1) a map, (2) a calendar, diary, or record of daily activities, (3) financial records with receipts for inputs and sales.
3. Review the group section of the Evaluation Form and ensure the group is prepared for a visit. Make sure the group has (1) a ledger with details on each member, (2) a map showing the location of each member, (3) completed Evaluation Forms from internal monitoring visits to each member's farm.
4. Contact the PGS coordinator at 0773 772 122 or by email and request an external evaluation visit. (See visit costs below.) The external evaluation team includes at least 3 people with at least 1 qualified technical leader. The team will review group records, randomly select at least 25% of the farms in the group (minimum 5), visit the selected farms, review farm records, and complete an Evaluation Form for each farm visited.
5. If the producer group is not approved, make the recommended corrections and request another external evaluation visit when all members meet the standards.
6. If the producer group is approved, pay the certification fees (see below) by cash, check or bank deposit for all producer group members. The certificate is valid for 1 year.